Applicants for this award must be a full-time student; must propose an innovative academic service learning project; must recruit a community organization as partner and must have a faculty member agree to oversee the project. Winners agree to keep a running account of project activities and write a project summary report at the conclusion of the project. In addition to the narrative in the project summary report, the student may create a documentary of the project via video, PowerPoint, briefing to other students and for publication.
Requirements for a University/College to be a CASE host:
- Agree to become a host (agreement signed by host with C2PF)
- Publicize the grant availability to the students
- Direct interested students to apply on line at ServiceBook.org
- Recruit a panel of judges to choose the winning proposal
- Orchestrate the evaluation and selection process
- Announce the winning proposal and advise those not selected
- Monitor project as the student and community carry out the project
- Request the student to submit a final report along with a short video.
- Hosts will not be required to track or report on the use of funds